Moong Dal Dhokla
|Calories Per Serving:
- For the Batter:
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- 1 1/2 tsp Fruit Salt
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split Yellow Gram) Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Semolina (Rava)
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid (Nimbu ka Phool)
- 1 tsp Green Chili Paste
- Oil for greasing
- Salt to taste
For the Tempering:
- A pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds (Til)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai / Sarson)
For the Garnish:
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (Dhania) (chopped)
- Properly mix all the batter ingredients, except the fruit sal. Use enough water to make a thick batter.
- Now mix the fruit salt, and sprinkle a little bit of water over the fruit salt.Put the batter aside for sometime.
- When the dhokla mixture rises, then pour it into a greased thali and steam for about 8 minutes.
- Now for the tempering, heat the oil in a pan, and add the green chillies, mustard seeds, sesame seeds, and asafoetida. When the mustard seeds crackle, add 1 tablespoon of water and pour this tempering over the steamed dhoklas.
- Garnish with the dhoklas with coriander.
- Cut the dhokla into pieces and serve with khatta and meetha chutney.