Ennai Kathirikai Curry
|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 ½ tbsp Oil (refine)
- 7 Brinjals (small size)
- Curry Leaves ( as required)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- For masala
- 1 tbsp Channa dal
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 7 Red Chilies (big size)
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Asafoetida (as required)
- 4 tsp Water
- Salt to taste
- Place the peanuts over a pan and fry it at a medium heat till it turns slightly brown.
- Put the roasted peanuts aside and now fry the sesame.
- Once the sesame is roasted then remove it from the pan and pour oil into it.
- To it add the pepper, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, channa dal, urad dal, asafoetida and red chilies.
- After you are done with frying then put it in a grinder along with the roasted ingredients and coconut.
- Grind it finely and place the mixture to a bowl then add salt to your taste.
- If the paste is too thick then add four tsp of water.
- Leaving the bottom part of the brinjal make cuts into four parts at the half.
- Apply the required grind paste inside the brinjals.
- Over a medium heat place a pan and pour 3 tbsp of oil.
- Add the mustard seeds to it and allow it to splutter then place the curry leaves.
- Gently place the stuffed brinjals and fry it tender.
- Turn it side by side to get it cooked properly then add the tamarind paste, remaining masala and salt to taste.
- Pour water and stir everything gently.
- Keep the flame at lower mode and seal the pan cover.
- Simmer the brinjal gravy for 10 minutes.
- Serve it with rice, roti and paratha.