Mixed Vegetable Rice
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 Carrot (chopped)
- 4-5 French Beans (chopped)
- 2 Potatoes (boiled & mashed)
- 1 small piece Ghiya (Bottle Gourd) (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Peas
- 4 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 5 Dry Red Chillies
- ½ tsp Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)
- ½ tsp Black Gram (Urad Dal)
- ½ cup Groundnut
- 1 cup Tamarind Water
- 2 tbsp Sambar Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder -
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Asafetida (Hing)
- 3 Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- Boil rice in the normal way.
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafetida, bengal gram and black gram and red chillies in to it.
- Add groundnuts and fry for about a minute.
- Put all the vegetables (except tomatoes and mashed potatoes) along with little water
- Cook it for 5-7 minutes till half done.
- Add tomatoes and cook further for about a minute.
- Add mashed potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, sambar powder, tamarind water and sugar.
- Add boiled rice and mix well. Cover it with a lid and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Ensure the rice should not get too dry.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves into the rice
- Mixed vegetable rice is ready to serve.