Andhra Spicy Chicken Curry
- 1 whole Chicken(with bones)
- 2 Yellow Onions (medium size chopped)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- 5 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds( mustard seeds)
- 50 Cashew Nuts
- 3 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Elachi
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Clean (wash) the cut chicken in a big bowl, by adding yogurt,Ginger & Garlic paste, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and stir everything, and cover the bowl and let it marinate for an hour.
- In a frying pan add the poppy seeds and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Grind them till they come in to a fine powder, and add the cashew nuts. And make it into a fine powder.
- Cut the onions into small pieces , cut chillies in to long pieces and add them to it.
- Chop the tomatoes and set them aside.
- In a big pan (kadai), pour oil and add the cloves & elaichi in it.
- Add onions and deep fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and deep fry them till they become soft.
- Add chillies and the mixture of poppy seeds & the cashew nuts fry till the oil separates from it.
- Add the marinated chicken and deep fry it for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and stir them well and cover the pan (kadai) cook it in a medium heat.
- Once the chicken is well cooked, add garam masala and the chooped cilantro and turn off the stove.