|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ Kg (2.2 pounds) Amla
- ¼ Vegetable Oil
- 200 gms (7 oz) Red Chilli Powder
- 200 gms Salt
- ¼ tsp Rai (Sesame Seeds)
- ¼ Jeera( Cumin Seeds)
- ¼ tsp Methi Seeds ( Fenugreek)
- ¼ tsp Udad Dhal
- 1 tsp full of Asaphotidia Powder
- 6 nos Dried Red Chillies
- 10 to 15 Curry Leaves (karepaku)
- Clean and dry Amla. Take a non- stick pan and put 1/4kg of oil in it.
- Once the oil is heated add red chillies to it.
- Once they turn brown, add Rai, jira, udad dal, methi seeds, curry leaves, asphotodia.
- Add salt when rai pops out.
- Add the amla and heat on a low flame.
- If required, sprinkle little amount of water to the Amlas.
- Heat until the amla divides leaving the seeds.
- Once cooked,set them aside to become cool. Add chilli powder and stir them well.
- Your Amla achar is now ready for use.