For the Dough:
- 300 gm Fine Rye Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 100 ml Water
- 1-2 tbsp Turnip Rape Oil
For the Filling:
- 300 gm Carrots (diced)
- ½ cup Butter
- 200 gm Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Dark Molasses as required
- Salt (to taste)
For the Brushing:
- Butter as required (melted)
- Heat butter in a pan and fry the carrots. Pour in cream and cook until cream is completely absorbed in.
- Blend the carrots into puree. Put in egg yolks with salt & molasses and mix well into fine paste. Keep it covered to the side.
- Take flour with salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Put in oil, water little at a time and knead it into firm dough. Shape the dough into small balls and spread out them into thin discs using rolling pin.
- Place little carrot filling in the middle of the pie discs and lift the ends towards the center. Pinch the side ends.
- Layer parchment paper in a baking sheet and transfer in the pastries.
- Bake it at 260°C for 7 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Coat butter over the pastries and keep it covered with parchment paper in a bowl for 30 min.