- 100 gm Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 400 gm Soft Brown Sugar
- 200 gm Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 2 tsp Cardamom (powdered)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (Dalchini)(powdered)
- 1 tsp Clove (powdered)
- 300 gm Wheat Flour (coarse)
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- 100 gm Currants
- 2 cups Hot Water
- Heat butter in a pan until it melts. Let it cool.
- Wash the currants with hot water in a colander. Drain and dry them.
- Take eggs along with sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mix in melted butter with all spices and cream.
- Pour into baking soda, flour, currants and blend into batter. Transfer the batter to the greased and floured ring pan.
- Bake it in an oven at 170 °C for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve it hot with tea or coffee.