Appam And Veg Stew
- For Appams:
- 1 cup Basmati rice( soaked for 3 hrs)
- 3 tbsp Cooked Rice
- 1/2 of one Coconut
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- For Stew:
- 1 Potato
- ½ cup Soaked Green Peas
- ½ cup Carrot( diced)
- 4 Beans
- 3 Green Chillies(chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger(grated)
- 1 tsp Garlic (grated)
- 1 Onion(big)
- 1 tsp Small Onions (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Thin coconut milk
- For garnishing:
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 Dry Red Chillies (Kollamulaku)
- 1 tsp Small Onions(Kunjulli)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Grind basmati, cooked rice and coconut with 1/2 cup water. Set it aside in a warm place.
- Add water, salt, a pinch of soda bicarbonate and a tsp of sugar to the fermented batter.
- For making stew:
- In a pressure cooker, sauté the ginger, garlic, onion, and the small onion and the green chillies.
- Once the onion becomes transparent , add the vegetables and stir it up well.
- Add coriander powder and mix it well for 1 min.
- Add 1 cup of thin coconut milk and mix well.
- Cook( boil) it in high flame, till the 1 whistle and later, on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Once the pressure settles , add the thick coconut milk and stir it up well.
- Add garam masala( do not heat after adding garam masala) add pepper too.
- And splutter some mustard seeds, small onions, dry red chillies and curry leaves in ghee.
- Garnish the stew with the above masalas.