|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ cup Rice
- ½ cup Toor Dal
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Onion (Medium size,sliced)
- 1 Brinjal (Medium size, chopped into pieces)
- 2 Medium size Potatoes (Chopped into pieces)
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Pepper Corns
- 2 Dried Red Chilies
- 1 inch stick Cinnamon.
- 4 Cloves
- A pinch Asafoetida
- 10 Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Take a bowl and add rice, tur Dal , water and wash it together twice.
- Soak in 2 cups of water for ½ hr.
- Heat up the oil in pan, add mustard seeds, pepper corns, cloves, whole red chillies, and cinnamon. When it being to crackle add curry leaves, asafoetida and onions.
- Cook until onion become brown now add potatoes, brinjal, ginger and garlic paste and cook it for 2 min on low flame.
- Add soaked rice and dal mix it well and cook for a min.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder mix it well.
- Add 2 cups of water and 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Cover the lid and let it cook in low flame until is rice is done.
- Gujarati Kichidi is ready to eat.