|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 tsp Sambar Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- i/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 cup Tur Dal (Split Red Gram) (cooked well)
- 1/4 cup Coconut (grated)
- 2 Green Chili (chopped)
- 3 Beetroots (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- ½ cup Curry Leaves (chopped)
- 10 flakes Tamarind (Imli) (small size)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the tur dal til soft and mushy. Now blend or mash the dal with the cooking ladle and keep aside.
- Boil the beetroot until soft. Mix it with the cooked dal and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Put mustard seeds into the oil and sauté it.
- Add urad dal, green chili, curry leaves, coconut and fry it.
- Put all the fried ingredients into the boiled beetroot dal mixture and cook it with four to five cups of water.
- Add sambar powder, tamarind pulp and mix it well.
- Reduce the heat and simmer up to 5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.