Green Peas Curry
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 Cup Green Peas (soaked over night)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chilies (slit)
- 2 Curry Leaves
- 2 Cardamom
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 inch piece Cinnamon
- ¾ cup Thick Coconut Oil
- 1/8th tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Chana Masala
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Cloves
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook peas in a pressure cook with sufficient water for 5 min. Keep it aside.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the all the spices and then onion and fry it until the onion becomes brown.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste & cook until the raw smell goes.
- Add curry leaves, green chilies and tomatoes and cook it for 5 min.
- Add spices powder and fry until the spice smell goes.
- Add cooked pea along with the water and add salt and mix it well.
- Cook in low flame for about 10 min.
- Finally add the thick coconut milk and mix it well.
- Cook for another 10 min and switch off.
- Green peas curry is ready to serve.
- Serve with rice or poori or chapati