|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 tbsp Chakka Varatti or Jack Fruit Jam
- ¼ cup (2 oz) Jaggery (powdered)
- ¾ cup (6 oz) Coconut Milk
- 2 Cardamom (pods)
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut chunks
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts
- Melt jaggery in 1/2 cup of water and filter it to remove the skin
- Heat the filtered jaggery syrup in a sauce pan and when it stars boiling add chakka varatti or jack fruit jam and mix well till it becomes a sauce but not too thick.
- Simmer the heat and add coconut milk and powdered cardamom.
- Keep on stirring to avoid curdling.
- Remove from heat when it starts boiling.
- In a small seasoning pan, add ghee, cashews and coconut chunks.
- Fry till the coconut and cashews are light golden brown and add it to the payasam.