- Ingredients for grinding:
- 1½ tsp Channa Dal
- 6 tsp Coconut (dry or fresh)
- 2 tsp Methi Seeds
- 3 tsp Sesame Seeds (White Yellu)
- 1½ tsp Urad Dal
- 6 Red Chilies
Ingredients for Gojju:
- 1/2 Cucumber (chopped)
- 6 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 /2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Tamarind (paste)
- Asafoetida (Hing)
- 6 Curry Leaves
- Roast channa dal, coconut, methi seeds, sesame seeds, urad dal and red chilies in oil.
- Then take the roasted ingredients and grind it till it becomes a thick paste.
- Keep cucumber in microwave and make it soft.
- When the cucumber is hot add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and haldi.
- Add tamarind paste to it and boil it.
- Finally add ground mixture and boil for about 10 minutes
- Serve with pongal or hot rice