Mutton Curry Hyderabadi
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 kg (35 oz.) Mutton
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 cups thick Yogurt
- 2 Cinnamon Stick
- 10 Cloves
- 5 - 6 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds (soaked in a little warm water for 10 mins)
- Few strands Saffron
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 4 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tomato(medium) (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 5 Green Chilies (slit)
- 3 - 4 tbsp Grated Coconut
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 3 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing:-
- Coriander leaves
- 10 Almonds (blanched and sliced)
- Marinate the mutton with cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste, curd, red chili powder, coriander powder and green chilies for an hour.
- Make a paste by grinding poppy seeds and grated coconut.
- Take a vessel and heat both oil and ghee.
- Put whole spices, bay leaf and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onions and fry till it turns transparent.
- Add tomatoes and the marinated mutton and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame till the water is completely evaporated.
- Put the poppy seeds-coconut paste, salt and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook till the mutton is tender and the gravy thickens.
- At the end add garam masala powder, saffron solution and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, sliced almonds and fresh cream.
- Serve with any Indian bread, Biriyani, Pulao or just plain steamed rice.