Black Channa Curry
|Calories Per Serving:
- 500 gm Chickpeas (boiled) (Black Channa)
- 1 Onion large (finely grinned)
- 2 Green Chilies large (slit in mid lengthwise)
- 2 Tomatoes big (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Clove (crushed)
- 2 Cardamom (crushed)
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Take a thick bottomed saucepan and place it over a medium heat flame stove then pour oil into it.
- Add cumin seeds, clove and cardamom when the oil heats up.
- When the ingredients emits aroma then add the onion paste and fry it golden brown.
- To it now add the other remaining ingredients one by one and stir continuously leaving the chickpeas.
- Ten minutes of stirring all the mixtures now add the chickpeas.
- Stir for six minutes and pour water to it.
- Seal the vessel now and simmer it at low flame for about ten minutes.
- Open the lid and stir it again for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Best serve with rice, roti, paratha or zeera rice.