- 1 cup - Vanpayar (Red Cow Peas)(soaked for 1 hr)
- ¼ cup Coconut ( grated)
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 2 Small Onion ( Chopped)
- 1 spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Green Chili
- 2 flakes Garlic
- Salt to taste
- In a cooker, add payar,,salt and water ; cook it in pressure.
- In a mixer add ginger, garlic, green chilies and small onion and grind it. Keep it aside.
- Heat up a pan with oil add ground mixture and fry until the raw smell goes.
- Add chili powder, turmeric and coconut grated and mix it ,cook until raw smell goes.
- Add pressured payar to it mix well. Off the stove after 5 min.