- 1 ½ cup Payar (Red Cow peas)(soaked for 1 hr)
- ½ Cup Coconut (Grated)
- ½ tsp Mustard
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 3 Flakes Garlic
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 Chili
- 3 Small Onions (Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Clean the soaked red gram.
- Cook it with little Turmeric and salt.
- In a mixer add coconut, chilly, onion , garlic and grind it and keep it aside.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and grinded mixture and stir it for 5 min.
- Add the cooked gram and peeper powder. Mix it well.
- Now Payar thoran is ready to eat.