- 1 cup Badam (Almonds)
- 2 cups of Sugar
- ½ cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Saffron (Kesar)
- Rinse the almonds in hot water for 3-4 hours.
- Peel and grind the almonds along with milk into a fine paste.
- Dissolve the saffron in a tsp of milk.
- Place a pan of medium flame.
- Add the almond paste, sugar and 2 tbsp ghee to the pan. Stir well.
- Reduce the flace to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring and pouring the ghee at regular intervals.
- Mix in the dissolved the saffron.
- Remove from the heat when it achieves a thick consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a greased plate and allow cooling.
- Cut into pieces and serve.