Jeera Fried Rice
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Rice (chawal) (Basmati)
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 1 tbsp Cashews (halved)
- 4-5 Pepper Corns
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 2 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1/4 tsp Clove (Lavang)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini) (powder)
- 2 Onions (Pyaj) (cut into rings)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice well and soak it in salt water for 30 minutes.
- Heat up ghee in a heavy or nonstick pan.
- Mix in onions and fry till dark brown and crisp.
- Drain, and mix in cashews to same ghee.
- Fry to a light brown, drain, keep side.
- Mix in jeers, peppercorns, bay leaf to same ghee.
- Stir fry for a few seconds, drain, and mix in rice.
- Keep aside the drained water.
- Mix in sugar, stir gently, frying rice till light brown.
- Mix in spice powder, stir.
- Mix in salt water, and bring it to boil.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) covered, till rice is cooked and water evaporates.
- Each grain should be separate.