|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 bunches of Spinach
- 1 cup Toor Dhal
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 piece of Tamarind
- 2 spoons of Sambar Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Jeera
- 2 Red Chilies
- 1 pinch Hing
- Salt to taste
- First boil the dhal and cook it and keep it aside
- Chop the spinach leaves into fine pieces
- Chop green chilies and onions.
- Then soak the tamarind in water and squeeze the pulp and then mix the ingredients mentioned above along with turmeric powder, sambar powder, curry leaves and boil it till the spinach and onions are cooked well.
- Later add dhal and mix it thoroughly.
- Now heat the oil in a pan and add red chilies, mustard seeds and Hing till it splutter.
- Once this starts spluttering add this to spinach and dhal mixture.