|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups raw rice (cook to an extent that each grain is separate, spread to cool)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (haldi)
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- 1cup Tamarind (pulp)
- 1 tsp Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal (split Bengal gram)
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal (split black gram)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 Red Chili (medium dry)
- 4-5 Green Chillies (slit length wise)
- 1 1/2 tsps Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sesame Seeds (roasted powder)
- 2 tbsp Peanuts (roasted)
- 3 tbsps Oil
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle turmeric powder ,salt, a tbsp of oil and few fresh curry leaves to the cooked and cooled rice and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a cooking vessel.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add dry red chillies, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal and fry for a minute till light brown.
- Add the slit green chillies, ginger, asafetida and few curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the tamarind extract and jaggery and cook till the raw smell of tamarind disappears.
- It will be a like a thick but flowing paste. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked tamarind mix, salt and combine well such that it's spread all over the rice.
- Sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds powder and roasted peanuts and combine well.