|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 Small Eggplant ( Cut into 1 inch)
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut ( Shredded )
- 2 Green Chilies ( Minced)
- ½ Inch piece of Ginger root
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- ½ tbsp Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafetida
- 6 Medium Potatoes ( boiled)
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves ( Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- Salt ( to taste)
- In a mixer add ginger, coconut, green chilies and 1/3 cup of water and grind until till become smooth.
- Add garam maslas and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Heat up the ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fry for 2 seconds.
- Add Asafetida , immediately add potatoes. Mix it and fry for 5 min.
- Add grinded mixture, turmeric powder, eggplant and coriander, half the fresh coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix it lightly so that vegetables will not break.
- Reduce the flame and fry very softly until the liquid has disappear.
- Finally add lime juice and coriander leaves and serve it.