Kashmiri Dum Aloo
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1/4 cup Mustard Oil
- A pinch Clove Powder
- A pinch Asafoetida
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 18-20 Small Potatoes (peeled)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 5-6 Kashmiri Red Chilies (ground)
- 2 cups (473 ml) Yogurt
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Ginger Powder (soonth)
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seed Powder (saunf)
- Salt (to taste)
- Prick the potatoes and keep in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and deep-fry the potatoes on medium heat till golden brown.
- Keep on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Beat the yogurt with Kashmiri red chili paste, green cardamom powder, dry ginger powder and fennel powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add the clove powder and asafetida.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the yogurt mixture.
- Mix the fried potatoes and cook till the potatoes absorb the gravy and the oil surfaces. Garnished with roasted cumin powder and garam masala powder.