|Calories Per Serving:
- 2lb Spinach (chopped)
- 1lb Potatoes (quartered)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 pinch of Asafetida
- 1 tsp White Cumin Seeds
- Salt to Taste
For the Garnish:
- Tomato Slices
- Lemon Wedges
- Heat the butter in a sauce-pan and fry the asafetida and cumin seeds and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, potatoes, salt and chilies.
- Cover and cook over a moderate heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir several times and then arrange the tomato and lemon slices over the mixture.
- Cover, lowering the heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the aloo palak hot as a side dish.