|Calories Per Serving:
- 250 gm Semolina (Sooji)
- 1 tsp Ginger (paste)
- 1 Onion large (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Urad Daal
- 20 gm Channa Daal (soaked 1 hour)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 shank Curry Leaves
- Water (as required)
- Ghee (as required)
- Salt to taste
- On a medium heat stove place a pan and heat the ghee then add the mustard seeds.
- Allow the mustard to splutter then add curry leaves, urad daal, channa daal and green chilies for a minute.
- Fry the onions till golden and add the ginger paste.
- Sauté for five minutes the mixture with turmeric and salt.
- Add the dry semolina for five minutes or when it turns slightly brown.
- Pour water and stir at high heat for 30 seconds then lower the flame.
- For five minutes allow it to simmer and stir continuously.
- To it now add little more water when it thickens.
- Cover it for five minutes and remove from the flame when water dries.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves over it for garnish.
- Best serve it with tomato or coriander sauce.