Maa Ki Daal
|Calories Per Serving:
- 250 gm Black Lentils (Urad Daal) (soak 4 hours)
- 20 gm Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 20 gm Garlic Paste
- 10 cloves Garlic (slit in mid)
- 20 gm Ginger Paste
- 3 Green Chilies (slit in mid)
- 5 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 100 gm Cream (Malai)
- Water (as per requirement)
- Salt to taste
- Wash the lentils and peel off the skin.
- Put the lentils to the pressure cooker and add water to it.
- Fix the gasket inside the cooker lid and attach it to the base.
- Put it on medium heat and after three whistles,keep it off the stove.
- Allow it to cool and then put the dal to a vessel where you can slightly mash it with a heavy ladle.
- Take a heavy large pan and place it over at medium heat.
- Pour the butter in it
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Stir for three minutes then add green chilies, tomato puree, chili powder and salt one after the other.
- Stir the ingredients for 5 minutes and the boiled lentils.
- For about ten minutes stir the lentils then add cream and chopped coriander.
- Best served it with roomali roti, rice, paratha, naan or tandoori roti.