|Calories Per Serving:
- For stuffing:
- 8 Purple Brinjals (small)
- 2 cup Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Jaggery (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Peanut Powder (roasted)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- For seasoning:
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- Tear the brinjals in four without separating them.
- Mix the items for stuffing and keep aside for 10 min; do not add any water.
- Fill the stuffing into the slit brinjals and press together.
- Take a deep pan and heat oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds into the oil.
- Add Turmeric powder, Asafoetida, curry leaves.
- Put the stuffed brinjals carefully with open side up.
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 min.
- Sprinkle a little water for cooking and cook till just done.
- Serve hot with jowar roti or chapati.