Moong dal khichdi
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (split yellow gram)
- 1 cup Rice (chawal)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder(haldi)
- 10 Black Peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the moong dal and rice together. Drain.
- In a bowl, mix the dal and rice with the turmeric powder, peppercorns, 4 1/2 cups of water and salt.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles and set aside for 20 minutes till the steam has been released.
- Remove from the pressure cooker, add the ghee and mix well.
- Serve hot with kadhi and papad.