Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 pounds Chicken (thighs) (bone-in, with skin)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch (dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce (Aloha brand preferred)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger (smashed)
- 1 Garlic, (clove) (smashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sauce ingredients in pot and bring to boil. Turn off heat and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Remove 1/2 cup of sauce for dipping; set aside remainder.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet and dip the chicken pieces in the 1/2 cup sauce, then sear in skillet, working in batches.
- Place seared pieces in baking pan, skin side down.
- Pour any remaining dipping sauce over chicken.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove garlic and ginger from reserved sauce.
- Bring sauce to simmer.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry and stir to thicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken.