Turkey Pot Pie Soup
- 1 Pie Crust
- 2 tbsp Light Butter (or Margarine)
- 1/4 cup Onions (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk (skim)
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1cup Mixed Vegetables
- 3 cups Turkey (white and dark meat) (coarsely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll pie crusts and using cookie cutter cut it into shapes.
- Place these cut strips on lined baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes until they turn golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, take a Dutch oven and melt butter over medium high heat.
- Into it add onions and sauté it until it is totally soft for about 4 minutes.
- Slowly add flour whisking it and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour chicken broth and milk into it and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add the vegetables, turkey and seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper as required.
- Simmer the soup for 15 minutes until whole of the vegetables are cooked and the soup has thickened.
- Garnish with pie crusts.