Matar Paneer Masala
|Calories Per Serving:
- 450gms /1lb Shelled Mutter (green peas)
- 250gms / 1/2lb Paneer
- 2 medium Onions (chopped)
- 6 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 250gms / 1/2 lb Tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1cup curd / plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Ghee/Vegetable oil
- To Garnish:
- Garam Masala Powder
- Chopped coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Make a paste by grinding together half the onions, the garlic and coriander seeds.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and cut the paneer into 2.5-cm/1-inch cubes.
- Fry the paneer to a light brown and remove to drain on a plate.
- Add the remaining onion and the ginger to the ghee / oil in a pan and add the bay leaves and fry until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and the paste mixture and fry until the ghee starts to separate.
- Add the paneer and mutter (peas) along with the yogurt, chili, tomato and salt. Stir for 5-6 minutes over low heat.
- Pour in the water and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Serve the matar paneer sprinkled with garam masala and coriander.