|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Whole Urad Daal
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Red Kidney Beans
- A few Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 4-5 flakes Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Stirred Curd
- 1/2 cup Fresh Stirred Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 inch Ginger Piece (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Red Chili Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Soak kidney beans overnight in water.
- Put urad daal and kidney beans with water and a little salt in a pressure cooker and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Mash the mixture and again cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cream and curd to the daal.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Saute cumin seeds and add garlic paste.
- Fry the paste till light brown.
- Add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, and green chilies.
- Fry till tomatoes turn soft.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder, and salt.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium. Add daal and stir.
- Remove from the flame as soon as it begins to boil.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and add a dash of butter.
- Serve with naan or hot rice.