- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 cups Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup Coconut (grated)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes (for decorating)
- Take sugar, flour, salt and milk in a saucepan.
- Cook on low flame for 20 minutes, or until thickens. Stir continuously.
- Mix in egg yolks and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat.
- Stir in butter, vanilla essence and grated coconut.
- Transfer the mixture to serving bowls and refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and serve chilled.