- 1 lb Fish Fillets
- 1 tsp Ginger (coarsely grated)
- 1 Onion (grated)
- 2 tbsp Dry Sherry
- ½ tsp Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 oz Cornflour
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 oz All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Sesame Seeds (ground)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Remove the skin of the fish, cut into 1½-inch pieces and rinse properly.
- Combine together onion, ginger, sherry, salt, pepper and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in fish pieces and leave for 10 minutes, stirring infrequently.
- Drain off the rendered liquid from mixture.
- Combine cornflour and flour into a bowl.
- Mix in egg along with 3 tbsp water. Blend well.
- Dip the fish pieces in the flour-egg mixture and then roll over the sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil into a shallow frying pan and fry fishes over medium heat until golden and crisp on both sides.
- Serve warm.