- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp loose Yeast
- 2¾ cups All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 tbsp Butter (softened)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1¼ cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Cold Water (as required)
- Dissolve yeast into the warm water in a bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1½ cup of flour, butter, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Gradually add the remaining flour along with cheese and knead well. Keep to the side and let rise, for 15-20 minutes.
- Knead again and shape the dough into pretzels. Brush with cold water.
- Put the pretzels on a buttered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until light brown.
- Serve warm.