Oatmeal Raisin Bread
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1 cup Raisins
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 2½ tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ½ cup Warm Water
- 6 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp ground Cinnamon
- Mix together wheat flour, brown sugar, salt, butter, quick cooking oatmeal and raisins in a large bowl until uniformly combined.
- Add boiling water and mix.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and add to the oatmeal mixture.
- Add flour and knead soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a well-greased bowl and turn the dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour until double.
- Knead again on a floured surface for 2 minutes. Divide the dough in equal parts and leave it for 10 minutes. Roll-out each half into a (18 x 9-inch) rectangle.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle all over the rectangles.
- Roll-up the rectangles beginning from the short end. Fold the ends over and place in greased loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise for 40-50 minutes until double.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the pans and cool on wire racks. Serve whenever you wish.