- 3 Cups Fresh Curd
- 1 Cup Urad dal
- 1/4 Cup Moong dal
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 Green Chili (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Cumin Seed (roasted and grounded)
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 6 tsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Wash and soak the two dals overnight in water.
- Drain out excess water.
- Add asafoetida, salt and green chilli.
- Grind to make a thick batter, beat till fluffy.
- Now heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add spoonfuls of dal batter in oil and fry until turned golden brown. Remove excess oil.
- Drop the hot badas in a cold water bowl and leave for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take each bada out from water, squeeze and set aside. Now add garam masala, pepper and salt in beaten curd.
- Pour curd mixture over badas, placed on a deep bottomed dish.
- Sprinkle with roasted cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Dahi Bada is ready to serve with sweet tamarind chutney.