- 1 1/2 cup Beans, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut, grated
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- A sprig of Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- First, remove the head and tail end of the beans and chop them to make fine pieces.
- Now, boil the beans, moong dhal, turmeric, salt and red chili powder in water. Cook them until the moong dal and beans turn soft. Thereafter, drain the water and keep the mixture aside.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and add mustard, urad dal, curry leaves and onion. Sauté the mixture until the onions turns golden yellow.
- Now, add the beans and moong dal mixture and fry for about 2 minutes, until the moisture is absorbed.
- Add grated coconut and stir well for a minute. The yummy beans poriyal is ready to be served!!