- 4 Eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato (small)
- 6 Garlic Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Paste
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- Sugar (1 pinch)
- 1 cup Water
- Oil for cooking
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Chop the onion, green chillies, tomato and garlic.
- Heat the oil.
- Add fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds. Allow spluttering.
- Add the chopped green chillies, onion, tomatoes and garlic.
- Saute till they turn brown.
- Cook till it turns tender.
- Mix turmeric powder, red chili, coriander powder and salt.
- Fry the mixture for few minutes.
- Add coconut, tamarind paste, sugar and water.
- Bring it to boil.
- Drop the eggs in the gravy one by one.
- Cook it covered over medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked properly, adorn the gravy with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with steamed rice.