- 450 gm Pumpkin
- 4-1/2 Cups Flour
- 225 gm Butter
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Maple extract
- 1 Cup Pecan halves
- 1-1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients except pecans in a large bowl.
- Blend these ingredients in a mixer at low speed. Occasionally scrape the bowl.
- Bring the mixer speed to medium and again beat for a minute.
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Pour spoonful of batter into mounds on ungreased baking sheets.
- Pour 2 tbsp of batter for each cookie.
- Press the center of each cookie mound with a pecan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to wire rack with a spatula and cool.
- Store the cookies in a tightly covered container.