- 1/2 cup Cooked Rice
- 1/2 kg Raw Rice
- 1 Coconut (grated)
- 2-1/2 cup Water
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Yeast
- Salt to taste
- Soak raw rice for about 4 hours and drain.
- Blend with cooked rice and grated coconut in a mixie.
- Mix sugar, yeast and salt in boiled water. Leave it for half an hour.
- Add this mixture to the above grinded mixture.
- Leave the mixture for fermentation for 8 hours.
- Spread this fermented mixture in a non-stick pan.
- Put a lid on the pan and heat it for 2 minutes.
- Appam is ready. Serve it with potato curry.