- 450 gms Prawn
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 6 Green Chili
- 3/4 cup of Cilantro Leaves
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 cup Onion (finely sliced)
- 1/2 Tomato (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 min.
- Drain and cook the rice normally in a rice cooker.
- Add a dash of ghee while cooking the rice.
- Make a fine paste of green chili, cilantro, garlic, ginger and 3 tbsp water. Keep it aside.
- Clean & devein the prawns.
- Marinate them with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns lightly for 3 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same oil add the sliced onion and fry till light golden brown.
- Add the wet paste, and fry in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of the spices and tomatoes and fry in medium heat till oil starts leaving the side of the pan.
- Add the fried prawns and fry for 5 to 10 minutes. Add little water if necessary. Add the coconut milk.
- Now grease the serving dish with little bit of ghee and put a layer of rice.
- Put a layer of prawn over it and then again rice.
- Garnish it with fried onions and cilantro leaves.