- 10 Green chillies, preferably big ones
- 100 gms Chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 Large potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Pinch asafoetida powder
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine together the rice flour, chickpea flour, cumin powder, asafoetida powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Prepare thick batter using water.
- Slit the chillies keeping its tail-end intact.
- Remove the seeds.
- For preparing stuffed chilli bajjis, mix tamarind paste and mashed potato with a little salt.
- Fill the mixture inside each Chilli and close them well.
- Dip the chillis in the batter and deep-fry in the oil.
- Serve Chilli Bajji with sauce.