- 250 gm Dried beans
- 2 kg Turnips
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 Cloves
- A pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 10 gm Vari Masala
- Wash the beans and soak them in water for 10-12 hours before cooking.
- Wash the turnips and remove the green tops.
- Peel them and cut each of them into eight parts.
- In a pressure cooker, heat the mustard oil.
- Add cumin seeds, cloves and asafetida.
- Stir for a while and add the beans along with the water in which they were soaked.
- Cook under pressure for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the flame and let it cool.
- Remove the lid and add the turnip pieces after washing.
- Also add salt and chili powder.
- Put the lid and again simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool.
- Now open the cooker and add Vari Masala.
- Mix well and serve hot.