- 6-8 Fresh carrots
- 1 Litre full cream milk
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 5-6 Sliced almonds
- Some cashews
- Wash the carrots and cut the edges.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and boil it in a pressure cooker.
- In the meantime, boil the milk in a big vessel and leave it on very low heat.
- Place the boiled carrot & saffron into a grinder and make paste of it.
- Then add the carrot paste into boiling milk and keep it on normal heat.
- Stir the mixture continuously and add sugar (add additional sugar as per the taste).
- Add cardamom powder and stir well.
- Heat the mixture until boiling state.
- Now let it cool for sometime.
- Refrigerate it for cold serving.
- Decorate with cashews and sliced almonds before serving.
- Serve it cold or hot as per choice.