- 1/2 kg Soft khoya
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Semi crushed cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp Slivered pista
- 2 tbsp Gulkand (a mixture with rose extract)
- 6-8 Almonds, slivered
- Place a heavy pan on low flame and put gulkand into it.
- Stir gently and make soft lump.
- Take off from the flame and leave it aside to cool.
- Grate khoya with a steel grater.
- Add powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Put the mixture in a large & non-sticky pan and heat it on high flame for few minutes.
- Now heat it on low flame, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the fire when it turns thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow to cool the mixture and keep turning occasionally.
- Take a small portion of this mixture on your palm and flatten it.
- Place a very small amount of gulkand mixture in the center.
- Now roll gently so that gulkand gets covered by the mixture and press the roll slightly like a biscuit.
- Repeat the procedure to make more rolls.
- Decorate the rolls with slivered pista, almonds and cardamom seeds.
- Let the rolls cool.
- Gulkand Peda is ready to serve.