- 5-6 Fresh pineapple slices (thick)
- 1 ltr Milk
- 1 Cup fresh curd
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 Glass chilled water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4-5 Drops vanilla essence
- Chop the pineapple into tiny pieces (after discarding 'eyes' and 'bone').
- On low heat, put chopped pineapple in a pan and sprinkle 1 tsp sugar over it.
- Add 1 tbsp water and cook while stirring till pineapple turns soft.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow the contents to cool.
- When cooled, drain it through a colander.
- Add lemon juice in 1/2 glass water.
- Pour milk in a deep pan and boil.
- Add curd and mix gently to curdle.
- Add lemon-water mixture in it to curdle completely.
- When transparency appears in the mixture, take off heat and add a glass of chilled water.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes and drain through a muslin cloth to collect remaining chhena.
- To cool and wash chhena well, hold the cloth containing chhena like a pouch under running cold water.
- Press out gently to remove excess water.
- Now remove the chhena from cloth and put it into a vessel.
- Add sugar and heat gently, stirring constantly until dissolved.
- Take off fire and cool to room temperature.
- Churn this sweet chhena in a mixie until very smooth.
- Take pineapple in a small cloth and squeeze gently to remove excess water.
- Blend this in mixie with vanilla essence till crushed.
- Add this crushed pineapple to chhena and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a plate and put it into refrigerator to set and chill.
- When almost set, press portions of the mixture into desired moulds.
- Allow to set like a soft pudding.
- Cut and serve chilled.