- 1 lb Extra lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 Cups tomato puree
- 2 Cups pureed onions
- 1-1/2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 1/2 Cup raw sugar
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1-1/2 tsp Dried mint
- Pour oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan and heat on medium high for a minute.
- Add onion and saute, stirring constantly until brown.
- Add tomatoes puree, cumin, turmeric, cayenne and salt.
- Saute for 5 minutes until pulpy & saucy.
- Add cream, stir well and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add ground beef to curry and cook for 6 minutes.
- Make sure beef is cooked to desired tenderness (don't over cook the beef).
- Add raw sugar & mint, cook once more until sugar melts with beef.
- Take off heat and cool for 5 minutes with covered lid.
- Beef curry is ready to serve hot with rice.