- 1 cup Carrots (unpeeled and shredded)
- 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Pod Peas (cut diagonally in thin strips)
- 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium Onion (finely diced)
- 8 Green Onions (sliced thin)
- ½ cup Mushrooms (diced)
- ½ cup Water Chestnuts (diced)
- ½ cup Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets (broken into very small pieces)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce/ Fish Sauce
- ½ cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 25-30 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Heat oil in a large wok.
- Add garlic and sauté to brown.
- Add onion and stir fry until transparent.
- Pour in Worcestershire sauce and add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add white wine and stir well. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add carrots, cabbage, pod peas, green onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, broccoli and cauliflower. Mix to blend well and cook till the vegetables turn tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water and add to the mixture.
- Cook the vegetables, constantly stirring, till the mixture thickens up.
- Remove the mixture from heat and allow it to cool.
- Place 2 to 3 tbsp of the mixture onto each egg roll wrapper.
- Roll up firmly to form rolls.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer.
- Place a few egg rolls in the fryer at a time.
- Fry until they turn brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney.