A Bachelor's or an undergraduate program in New Zealand is part of university education. 'The Programme for International Student Assessment' ranks this country's education as the 7th best in the world. An undergrad course is typically an intense 3 year course although in some disciplines such as double degrees, the program can stretch from 4 to 6 years too. In certain universities of New Zealand, the best academic performers in the honors year can get scholarships into a research based doctorate or a Ph.D. program. It is required to complete 12 years of elementary or secondary education to enroll for a bachelor's degree. Students may have to take the International English Language Testing System if they lack fluency. This is a standardized exam governed and conducted by the British Council every year. A minimum score of 6.5 is needed. Read more to learn about the details of an undergraduate program in New Zealand.
Undergraduate Programs In New Zealand
The academic calendar begins in the month of September/october. Hence, those planning to write the IELTS must start training atleast a month in advance. Intake of students starts in the month of February. The course comprises of two semesters and each semester lasts for around 20 weeks.
The universities in New Zealand have a different style of marking system. They are primarily based on the letter scale with A being the highest grade and F the lowest. An 'Aegrotat' pass is given to students if they fail in an examination due to circumstances beyond their control or any other serious problem. Students are graded based on results from exams, assignments and practical work. Most courses end with a final written exam, usually in the month of october or November.
Read more about information on the Bachelor's Programme in New Zealand or the undergraduate programs in New Zealand.
Bachelor's Programme In New Zealand
- Human medicine & Surgery
- Midwifery, Physio-and-rehabilitation therapy, Preventive care and Technical sanitary assistance
- Cultural heritage, Education, Geography and History
- Italian and Classical/oriental studies and Language
- Modern Languages and Cultures Glottology, Linguistics, Literature and Philology
- Agriculture, Animal production and Husbandry
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Environmental Sciences and Natural sciences forestry
- Food Industry
- Math, Physics and Statistics
- Administration, Business, communication, Cooperation and development
- Defense and security
- Economics, Law, Physical education and Sports
- Psychology, Political science and International Relations, Social service and sociology and Tourism
- Architecture and Building engineering
- Design (industrial)
- Engineering (civil, industrial, information)
- Regional and Environmental planning and Urban planning
Various Bachelor Degree Courses offered
- Doctor of Philosophy – Ph.D. (second year of PhD study or above)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery – B.DS. (third year and above)
- Bachelor of Dental Technology – B.Dent.Tech. (second year and above)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences – B.Heal.Sc. (second year and above)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science – B.ML.Sc. (third year and above)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery – MB.ChB. (third year and above)
- Bachelor of oral Health – B.oH. (second year and above)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy – B.Pharm. (third year and above)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy – B.Phty. (third year and above)
- Bachelor of Nursing – B.N.
Bachelor's programmes are well known in the country of New Zealand. It is easy for you to just choose a course, fill up the necessary formalities and enroll!